It seems that the reports of sexual sin and crime are becoming more prevalent in the news. Almost daily we hear of children being molested, women being abused, and men confessing to being sex addicts as justification for acting out with unbridled sexual promiscuity. My heart is saddened with grief over many close friends and family members who have been affected by such issues. Our culture seems to be falling apart at the seams and women and children seem to be taking the brunt of the consequences, while men seem to display very little sense of responsibility for their actions. What is even more troubling is that the statistics do not seem to be much different amongst Christians.
Most Christians are familiar with the account of God destroying the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone because of the wickedness of the inhabitants. God sent two angels to save Lot and his family from destruction. When Lot brought the two angels into his home the night before the judgment, the dwellers of the city surrounded his home. They demanded that Lot send out the angels because they desired to have sex with them. Lot then offered his two daughters if they would leave and not harm his guests.
- and they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.”
- Lot went out of the door to the men, shut the door after him,
- and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly.
8 Behold, I have two daughters who have not known man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.”
Our entire world has been turned upside down because of the evils of sexual sin. Many read the account of Sodom and Gomorrah and wonder how men could be so wicked. Why would Lot offer his two daughters? More importantly, why would the inhabitants prefer the angels before his daughters?
Before we can begin to understand the answers to these questions, we need to understand the place of women upon this earth.
To begin, we must understand that there is nothing in creation more beautiful than women. When God created man, he was lonely until God created Adam’s perfect helpmate.
- The man gave names to all cattle, and to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for the man there was not found a helper fit for him.
- So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh;
- and the rib which the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man.
- Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.”
- Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh.
- And the man and his wife were both naked, and were not ashamed.
Women is God’s perfect gift to man. She is created from man’s flesh. She completes him. She is to join with man (in marriage), and they are to become one flesh. She was not created as a toy to be objectified or dominated into subjection, but she is to be reverenced and honored above all else in creation. She is God’s perfect work, the pinnacle of God’s handiwork upon the Earth. She is a ministering spirit created to care for all of humanity. Every human being that has ever existed or will ever exist is a child of Eve, with the exception of one man. This man is Adam, with whom she is one flesh.
Why did the serpent, who is the devil, go after Eve to deceive her, and not Adam? Some will say it’s because she is the weaker vessel, but I think it is more than that. Satan is also a created being. He was created as a ministering spirit and fell due to the spiritual pride of desiring to be like God. Jesus told His disciples, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven.” (Luke 10:18) Why did Satan fall from Heaven? Satan said in his heart that he would ascend in glory above the Most High (Isaiah 14:12-15). The moment the thought entered his heart he was cast from Heaven. Not just he, but also a third of all of the angels (Revelation 12).
Now that we understand why Satan and a third of the angels were cast out of Heaven, let’s take a look at how they were cast out.
- Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
- but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven.
- And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
Satan was created as a ministering spirit who failed in his ministry through the pride and deception of his own heart, bringing shame to himself and a third of the angels in Heaven, having reserved a place in hell because of their actions. He deceived Eve just as he deceived the angels who fell. Does jealousy burn in Satan’s heart over this new race of ministering spirits created upon the earth, in which God takes delight?
- But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not die.
- For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
Eve was created as a helpmate (a ministering spirit) to man, and failed through the same deception as the angels. Satan went from being a minister of light to become a minister of shame. Eve not only lost her place in the Garden, but she also failed in her ministry. She was created to help Adam, not lead him away from God.
- To the woman he said, “I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”
God had mercy on Eve, I believe, because of her innocence. She did not fail because of the wickedness of her heart. She failed because she was deceived. Satan fell because of the wickedness of his heart. God made a way of redemption for Eve, but for Satan He created the lake of fire and eternal damnation (Revelation 20:10).
Satan has come after Eve and her offspring with a vengeance. Let’s take a look at words of Revelation as the Apostle John gives an account of the way the story is revealed to him in Heaven.
- Rejoice then, O heaven and you that dwell therein! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”
- And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had borne the male child.
- But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.
- The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with the flood.
- But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river which the dragon had poured from his mouth.
- Then the dragon was angry with the woman, and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and bear testimony to Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.
Now, let’s go back to Lot and the angels. The men surrounding Lot’s house were demonic, possessed with the spirits of the fallen angels who are at war with women and the angels who were fighting with Michael the Archangel. These demons, being ministers of shame, acting through the people of Sodom, wanted to harm the angels sent to protect Lot in the greatest possible way. Sex was designed by God to be good and holy between a man and women, to unite them as one flesh. It creates a spiritual union between the two. When men say that we are sexual beings, that is a lie straight from the lips of our enemy. The truth is that we are spiritual beings created to be united as one flesh through a physical act of intimacy. When sex is performed in any way other than as intended by God, it brings shame and death.
I believe that the crowd that surrounded Lot’s home would have taken his daughters under different circumstances, but they were blinded by rage towards Michael and his angels. I certainly cannot even begin to understand the idea of sending his daughters to satiate his neighbors hunger for wickedness, but we are only given a small glimpse into the situation through Scripture. St. Peter in his second epistle, when writing of this event, refers to Lot as “righteous” (2 Peter 2:7).
We must learn to view women as they are created. Women are ministering spirits engaged in battle every day of their lives. They are Gods greatest gift to humanity, second only to Christ Jesus. They are the Daughters of Eve. They are created to minister to humanity and battle against our enemy as the angels in Heaven. Women have taken the greatest casualties in Satan’s battle against humanity. They have been abused, raped, and pillaged through deception. Satan’s fury has been unleashed against the Daughters of Eve from the first days of creation until today, and will be until the end of the age.
My Daughter of Eve’s name is Mary. She is named after Mary, the Blessed Virgin, and Mother of Christ Jesus. Our Mother was destined to be one flesh with the Savior of all humanity. All the fallen angels in Heaven fought with a vengeance to keep Mary from giving birth to Jesus, but the “earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river which the dragon had poured from his mouth (Revelation 12:16). Now the dragon (serpent) is angry with women, and is going after her offspring with a vengeance (Revelation 12:17).
My Mary is truly a ministering spirit. Being sexually molested as a child, she carries the scars of a warrior who has been attacked and has risen to engage valiantly in battle against the demonic forces of the wicked. She has triumphed over our enemy by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of her testimony (Revelation 12:11). She has stood in the gap as my helpmate for years, when I treated her as anything but the blessed women of God that she is. She has remained standing in the gap for me when I was unable even to crawl. Many pray prayers of thanks for our guardian angels, which is good, but what about our Guardian Daughters of Eve?
My Daughter of Eve has stood with one hand holding the Sword of the Spirit, and the other holding my hand keeping me from sliding into the pit. She stands wearing the Breastplate of Righteousness, loins girded with Truth, ministering night and day for our children, grandchildren, and many others who you would never know are not our own. She is a woman who wears the Full Armor of God, who should in no way ever be ashamed, fully committed to her ministry and calling upon this earth.
It is heartbreaking to consider all the women who walk this earth who have absolutely no idea who they are. These Daughters of Eve are casualties of a battle that they are not even aware is raging around them. It is in a women’s spiritual DNA to be wanted and to be considered useful for that which they are created. The devil has deceived so many into believing that they are worth nothing more than to be objectified and used for the pleasure of men with wicked hearts. Every time we use one of these creatures for our own lust, we crush and darken their hearts and steal a little more of their identity.
Do we think that we are any different that than Lot’s neighbors who desired to have sex with the angels? We have spiritual beings walking among us, given to us as gifts from God, that we treat in the very same way. Come on, men; how many of us have spent time feeding the pornography industry? How many men have been unfaithful to their wives by having sex with a Daughter of Eve who is not their own flesh? Every time we come into the presence of one the Daughters of Eve, we should behold them as if an angel of God has appeared before our very eyes. Yet we live in a world that enslaves and abuses these creatures to feed its seemingly insatiable appetite of lust.
The fallen angels dishonor themselves and have lost their place in Heaven because of their self-seeking desire for power and glory. They burn with anger and lust to destroy everything that is holy and precious to God. There is no other which is more precious to God, created on earth, than Adam and Eve and their Sons and Daughters.
Sons of Adam, I ask you one question: Do you treat all Daughters of Eve as holy and precious, or do you burn with the lust of the fallen angels? Have we as men joined in the war against the Daughters of Eve and her Son Christ Jesus, or do we stand and protect her as we have been given charge by our God?
In that day when Satan first attacked Eve, God commanded that men are to rule over the “women” of the earth. “To the woman he (God) said, ‘I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.’” (Genesis 3:16)
Now, Sons of Adam, I ask you the same question as above in a little different way: Do we rule over the Daughters of Eve, following the example of the king of this world and the damned, who is Satan, or do we follow the example of King of the Kingdom of Heaven and the redeemed, Who is Christ Jesus?
Christ Jesus gave His life for the Church. He rules with a Hand of Kindness, and with the Spirit of God. The fruits of the Spirit are “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, (and)self-control.” (Galatians 5:22-23). Satan desires to take life from all who serve God, and rules over all who serve their own flesh. “Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like.” (Galatians 5:19-21)
Men, if our choice is to rule as Christ Jesus, we have been given charge to care for His Bride, as we were given charge to care for “women” in the Garden.
- Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ.
- Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord.
- For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
- As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands.
- Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,
- that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
- that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.
- Even so husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
- For no man ever hates his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, as Christ does the church,
- because we are members of his body.
- “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”
- This mystery is a profound one, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church;
- however, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
Sons of Adam, at the core of every woman’s heart is the desire to be loved. Her “desire is for her husband.” (Genesis 3:16) Many Daughters of Eve don’t understand this because the truth has been stolen from them by the wickedness of men’s hearts, who have chosen to follow the dark path of the deceiver of this world.
Why do women feel the need to liberate themselves? Why do they feel the need to objectify themselves in the world of entertainment, advertising, and pornography? Why have we killed millions of unborn babies, children who should have been conceived through a spiritual act of physical intimacy between two people of one flesh, but instead are conceived by the tainted hearts of those deceived and beguiled by the enemy of this world?
The answer to all of these questions is the same. It is because men have chosen the wrong side of the battle lines. Because men have chosen to war with the fallen angels instead of with Christ, He who gave His Life for our redemption.
I understand that men of this age have been deceived right along with women, but those who have heard the Gospel of Truth and have received the light of the knowledge of Christ Jesus are without excuse. I am also aware that there are many of us who have been hurt by women. This why it is so important for us as men to first understand the battle and what is at stake, and secondly, walk in the Spirit of Christ and lay down our lives, picking up our crosses daily in forgiveness. (Matthew 16:24)
Sons of Adam, I implore you, the next time you look upon a Daughter of Eve, think of these things. They are created as perfect in holiness, worthy of all of our love and reverence. We should tremble at the thought of even glancing at one of these beautiful gifts from God with ill intent. We should give thanks every day for what we have been given. One day Christ Jesus will appear out of the heavens, and it will be required of us to give an account for what we have been given charge.